Australian Education City
Australian Education City is a unique model which allows Australia to stay at the forefront of change with the origination and exploitation of new knowledge secured by investment in education, R&D, industry engagement and innovation.
Our proposed flagship Innovation District for East Werribee represents Australia's first city sized economic initiative.
The 412 hectare site is designed to:
- Deliver 6,000,000m² of education, R&D, innovation, residential, community and commercial space
- Create space and facilities for ~50,000 students
- Generate ~90,000 jobs
- Accommodate 80,000 people
Our masterplan reflects vibrant mixed use environments where massing, densities and architectural relationships enhance the mechanisms of a knowledge city.
Our design takes an end-user grassroots approach to planning based on the way in which people will interact with the city – a connectivity statement that encourages participation in a variety of education, sporting, cultural and community settings.
Our proposed Innovation District for East Werribee has been carefully crafted to activate:
- Collaboration between education and R&D
- Economic pathways between R&D and commercialisation within the civic precinct
- Diversity and social amenity with civic, arts and entertainment precincts
- Integration between residential areas and community assets
- a 20-minute walkable neighbourhood to provide connectivity and accessibility to a range of transport modalities
The design of our Innovation Districts has been informed by the global trends and the experience of our consortium members in creating a masterplan that transcends built form and establishes a vibrant 24 hour liveable community.
- Street: Level 7, 468 St Kilda Road
- Postcode: 3004
- City: MELBOURNE
- State: Victoria
- Telephone: 03 9868 7588