The Equestrian Federation of Australia (Victorian Branch) Inc, now known as Equestrian Victoria Inc, was established in 1951 and incorporated in 1985.
Equestrian Victoria is the peak body for horse sports in Victoria and is the state body of Equestrian Australia, which is the controlling body for horse sports in Australia and is affiliated with the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), the controlling body for horse sports worldwide. Equestrian Victoria also maintains affiliations with relevant Government and Non-Government agencies at the State level, such as the Sport & Recreation Victoria, The DPCD and VicSports.
Equestrian Victoria is a Wyndham community partner with strong ties and connections to other businesses in the area. Our administration offices are located at Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre (WPNEC) which also hosts many major events including the Melbourne 3 Day International Event, the Equestrian Victoria lnterschool State Championships, Dressage and Jumping with the Stars, the Australasian Show Horse & Rider Championships, Barastoc Horse of the Year Show, the Australian Show Jumping Championships and the Polo Melbourne Cup.
Equestrian Victoria is a non-profit organisation incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act of Victoria. It comprises of individual members, affiliated clubs, life members, coaches and officials. Equestrian Victoria embraces the horse sports of:
· Dressage (an International and Olympic Sport)
· Eventing (an International and Olympic Sport)
· Show Horse (a National Sport)
· Showjumping (an International and Olympic Sport)
· Interschool (a National School Sport)
· Para-Equestrian (An International and Olympic Sport)
· Carriage Driving (an International Sport)
· Vaulting (an International Sport)
The primary objectives of Equestrian Victoria in accordance with its Constitution is to:
– Encourage, develop, promote and control horse sports throughout the State of Victoria
– Establish and maintain, throughout Victoria, a uniform code of rules and regulations to govern horse sports under its jurisdiction
– Provide services and support to members, clubs, coaches, judges and administrators, which is second to none
– Encourage community health, welfare, physical education and research through horse sports
– Regulate, supervise, coordinate and promote Horse Sports activities, programs, competitions and events
– Facilitate cooperation between members of the Association and external organisations, bodies and individuals
– Promote membership of the Association and foster the interests of its members
– Affiliate with organisations and any other bodies to further the purposes of the Association
– Provide a means by which Clubs in Victoria can become affiliated to further these purposes
Membership across Victoria now exceeds 200 Affiliated Clubs, and 5000 registered athletes. The Association provides a broad range of services and benefits to its membership and has a major focus on servicing member clubs, to ensure they are well equipped to professionally deliver quality horse sport programs to the community.